We all know that staying fit is very important nowadays for our health and body. After a long day of work we may not have energy and time to go to the gym. Going to gym involves a lot of things such as adequate sports clothing, driving a long time, and spending a lot of money on a monthly pass. Then, there are those days when you are not in the mood to do it and decide to skip the gym. We come to your attention with some useful tips on how to stay fit at your own home, without being bound to do so many roads and to avoid the crowd. So the key is a garage gym!
Things you need to know about your own gym
A garage gym can be the best option for a person who wants to be always fit and healthy. It can offer you facility and effectiveness, many people train in their own houses or garages and they obtain the best results because they design the gym however they want, based on their personal needs. There are a lot of disadvantages when going to a commercial gym such as the exaggerated crowd, expensive costs, lack of privacy and the limited time. Would not it be better doing all the training at home, without being disrupted by all these details?
Where do you start from?
Firstly, make sure that your garage is ready for this change. Do the proper cleaning, get rid of the unnecessary things, alignment and storage have to be taken into consideration, too. One of the most important things is to make a plan based on your needs, for instance think if you need a big or small garage. The sports equipment leans on that decision and on what to do with your body. A significant aspect is the budget, too, so think about the most useful things you have to purchase and not about the most expensive ones and make sure that they worth the costs. After you have done all these things, do not forget about the safety of your own space, so assure it with a garage door opener which is meant to protect it from burglary, weather and so on. There are many types of garage door openers so you can choose the best option for you. For instance, the electric ones are a good choice for providing security, increasing convenience and preventing accidents.
Machinery and exercises
Regarding this aspect, there are two main elements you have to focus on, these being the cardiovascular equipment (for your heart rate and weight exercises) and the strength and endurance equipment (which helps you build muscle mass).
Cardio exercising is fundamental for your well being, it gets you rid of the stress obtained during a long and hard day of work and it also has health benefits increasing the heart rate. In order to do the best cardiovascular exercises, you have to own a proper equipment such as:
- The treadmill: it is maybe the most common type of equipment, we own it even if we do not have a gym garage, it can be easily placed almost anywhere in our houses. This product offers effectiveness and it is a reliable cardio workout. You can first start by walking and then increase the intensity for better results. Running is a very good way to keep your body trained and to lose weight easily.
- The elliptical trainer: it is also very popular in our homes and gyms because it is simple to use and it works your entire body at the same time. You just have to stay on its pedals while pulling the handles, then move your legs in and out; calories are burnt easy and rapidly.
- The exercise bike: this type of machines is also very good for a proper cardio workout, it can offer you information like burnt calories, distance, velocity and heart rate. Even if you are a beginner or a pro, the bike is the best choice to boost your energy and keep you in great shape.
Endurance and strength are also important for our bodies because this way, the muscle mass is built. There are many options for getting fit and strong in your own garage gym but it just depends on your needs. What type of equipment will help you in order to do this? Here are some options you can take into consideration:
- A set of dumbbells: it may sound silly, but dumbbells are still one of the most efficient items and you cannot fail when using them. You can do all types of exercises with them because they can work every part of your body. They are not expensive at all and they come in a great variety.
- A bench press: after the “soft exercising” you have to add some intensity and do the best for your body, so here comes the bench press which is a great option for doing the strength workout. It is true that it occupies more space but its outcome is positive.
- Resistance belts: firstly, they are space saving and you can store them in smaller space, too. Regarding their abilities, they are perfect to keep your muscles tension all the time and to improve the development of the muscle mass.